The Illumination Foundation is currently seeking a Grants Assistant to help support our fundraising and advocacy efforts. This is a full-time on-site position based in our Santa Ana office. The Illumination Foundation is an Orange County based health and human services nonprofit with the mission to break the cycle of homelessness. While many of our services focus on stabilizing families through housing and supportive services, we also offer specialized healthcare services for chronically homeless individuals and the medically vulnerable. An ideal candidate would have excellent organizational and administrative skills. A background or developed interest in public health, behavioral health, social work, and ending homelessness would be preferred. As our organization continues to grow, the role of the Grants Assistance is essential to the Illumination Foundation’s comprehensive housing, medical, and social service programs.
The Grants Assistant will provide vital administrative support to the grants department and assist with writing and submitting grant requests as needed.
The Grants Assistant will:
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines and staff activities
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for staff and department Director
- Regularly update online databases, including Bloomerang
- Research public and private grant opportunities in the areas of homelessness, medical services, and youth services
- With guidance, submit accurate and well-written LOIs, grant proposals, acknowledgements in a timely manner
- With guidance, prepare interim and final progress reports
- Collaborate with other departments (Operations, Accounting) to obtain budget and program data
- Prioritize multiple deadlines, work independently, and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Superior time management and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and keep deadlines
- Problem solving skills and creativity
- Ability to distill data into story-driven narrative
- 1-3 years working in a nonprofit or office setting
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small dynamic team
- A commitment to supporting marginalized and vulnerable populations
Ideal Candidate will possess:
Salary range: $15 - $17 per hour, non-exempt
This is a full-time position with benefits including a 401k with company match and paid time off. This position will be on site, Monday – Friday. Please submit (1) a cover letter highlighting your interest and qualifications in this position, (2) a resume in PDF or Word Document format, and (3) a brief (1 page max) writing sample in PDF or Word Document format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only submissions with all requested materials will be considered.
Please, no phone calls.