Objective / Purpose of the Position The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting volunteers by matching the skills, experiences and expectations of volunteers to available positions as well as assist with the planning and development of all volunteer events to benefit Illumination Foundation clients.
Tasks / Responsibilities
1. Keep volunteer opportunities up to date based on the needs of the organization
2. Ensure volunteer opportunities will benefit our client needs as well as provide a meaningful experience for volunteers
3. Confirm and prepare all materials needed for events
4. Organize and provide orientations with introductions and training to volunteers and Illumination Foundation staff
5. Monitor, support and motivate volunteers and their efforts
6. Celebrate volunteerism by nominating volunteers for awards and appreciation events
7. Organize profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
8. Assist in development of all site events to benefit Illumination Foundation clients.
9. Assist with development of collection drives of in-kind goods from volunteers and volunteer groups.
10. Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments up to date in our database
11. Assist with developing/creating volunteer policies and procedures
12. Acknowledge and thank volunteers in creative and innovative ways
13. Process acknowledgement letters to volunteers
14. Provide opportunities to cultivate long-time dedicated volunteers and donors
15. Work closely with Communication & Development Department to appropriately acquire donations from volunteers and volunteer teams.
16. Oversee the recruitment and management of volunteers at fundraising events.
17. Attend event committee meetings to ensure full knowledge of volunteer roles and flow of the event
1. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
2. Possess a working flexibility and can change pace in order to meet the needs of our programs
3. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple complex tasks
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where requested and otherwise appropriate, reasonable accommodation will be provided in the absence of any of these abilities.
1. Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 40 pounds.
2. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
3. On your feet for extended periods of time at volunteer events.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
1. Must demonstrate a strong commitment to Illumination Foundation’s mission and core values
2. Bachelor’s Degree required with experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
3. Intermediate level of computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, Chrome and Google programs
4. Adobe photoshop and Wordpress experience preferred
5. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
7. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed