Referral Coordinator (LVN)
The Referral Coordinator I is responsible for evaluating referrals of homeless clients from hospitals or other agencies contracted with Illumination Foundation Recuperative Care Center to ensure potential clients meet program criteria. The hours for this position will be 11AM - 7:30PM.
- Review referrals and evaluate/advocate the need of potential client
- Using knowledge of Illumination Foundation’s Recuperative Care’s criteria, call hospital/agency to educate on the appropriate client for Recuperative Care.
- Communicate and ask referring hospital/agency follow-up questions.
- Inquire with Social Workers or Case Managers from hospital/agency of any discrepancies.
- Use referral to obtain relevant information and input data into the appropriate documents
- Cross reference potential client’s background
- Anticipate the client’s need before entering recuperative care and advocate
- Request for DME supplies, home health, medications, transportation, follow-ups appointments etc. from discharging hospital and/or agency
- Input pertinent information from referral into system
- Communicate to hospitals or agencies of approval or denial
- Communicate to Illumination Foundation’s staff of incoming client using e-mail format
- Communicate customer needs to management
- Manage documents to ensure data entry is accurate. Update information when needed
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods without any complications unless otherwise altered by physicians note, which reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and non-restricted Licensed Vocational Nursing
- 1 year relevant experience.
- Customer and client management.
- Strong self-management skills.